Maximizing after tax cash flow for our clients.
We help business clients optimize and develop accounting systems that achieve optimal reporting and financial results. Finally, We help clients (both business and personal) plan for an uncertain future.
We work in partnership with our clients to achieve their financial objectives by providing exceptional personalized professional services.
- We are honest and ethical.
- We are trusted caretakers of our clients’ funds and confidential financial information
. We care about our clients and their success.
- We diligently provide our clients with high quality, timely service that exceeds their expectations.
- We provide our clients with accurate and effective financial information and advice.
- We have a tremendous knowledge base which we continually strive to increase.
- We provide an environment for our employees that promotes these core values.
Derrick J. Doerr
CPA/PFS, CFP, JD – Shareholder
Derrick has over twenty years of public accounting experience, most of which has been in business and individual income taxation. He also spent two years in financial planning and two years in private accounting. Derrick holds three licenses – Attorney, Certified Public Accountant, and Certified Financial Planner.
Areas of Practice
- Business and Individual Income Taxation
- Income Tax Planning
- Forensic Accounting
- Business Consulting
- Virtual Accounting & Part-Time CFO
- Financial & Estate Tax Planning
Honors and Activities
- Derrick was a recipient of the Royal A. Stone Scholarship at the University of Minnesota Law School and made the Dean’s List all three years that he attended school there. He was also involved in International Moot Court, Federal Tax Clinic, and received an award for performing over 50 hours of volunteer work during his law school career. He graduated with Honors from St. Cloud State University. He was involved in the accounting club and Phi Kappa Tau Fraternity while he attended school there.
- Derrick attended graduate school at The College of William and Mary from 1998-99 in their Masters of Public Policy program. He received a Thomas Jefferson Fellowship and a full scholarship to study there.
- Derrick is currently an Adjunct Professor for the Financial Planning Certificate Program at Minnesota State University – Mankato. He teaches income tax planning.
- Derrick has served as Chairman of the Technology Committee as well as the Chairman of the Consumer Protection Committee within the Probate & Trust Section of the Minnesota State Bar Association.
- Derrick has served on several committees of the MN CPA Society and the Financial Planning Association of MN. He has also performed volunteer work through the MN CPA Society and the Basilica of St. Mary.
- Derrick enjoys participating in marathons, reading and spending time with his Labrador Retriever, Stewie.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- St. Cloud State University, B.S. Accounting, Magna Cum Laude (1993)
- College for Financial Planning, CFP Certificate (1996)
Universityof Minnesota, Juris Doctorate (2002)
Shareholder, CPA, Lawyer
As a CPA and lawyer, Dave Steingart combines business experience with accounting and legal training to provide unique consulting services to businesses and individuals. He concentrates his practice in the areas of family-owned and closely-held businesses and their owners in the professional services, manufacturing, construction and sports industries.
In addition to providing professional advice and counseling, Dave is involved in the successful operations of a number of businesses. This experience enhances Dave’s ability to counsel other business owners and managers.
Dave previously practiced accounting with KPMG, LLC, and he was a shareholder in the law firm of Briggs & Morgan, P.A.
Areas of Practice
Taxation: Tax Planning and Tax Disputes
Business and Strategic Planning
Management Goal Formation and Implementation
Management Transition and Succession Planning
Honors and Activities
Dave has been named “Super CPA” by the Twin Cities Business monthly magazine.
Dave graduated with honors from Gustavus Adolphus College and the University of Minnesota Law School. He was a recipient of The Wall Street Journal award for his undergraduate studies and he was a Royal A. Sone Scholarship recipient at the University of Minnesota Law School.
In his younger years, Dave enjoyed playing hockey, football and baseball and coaching youth athletics when his children were involved. Dave now gets his exercise and enjoyment from playing competitive golf. He has competed at the state and national levels. He also enjoys advising professional golfers with their legal and financial matters.
American Association of Attorneys and CPAs
American Bar Association
Minnesota State Bar Association
Hennepin County Bar Association
American Institute of CPAs
Minnesota Society of CPAs
Gustavus Adolphus College, B.A., Magna Cum Laude (1980)
University of Minnesota, Master of Business Taxation (1981)
University of Minnesota, Juris Doctorate, Cum Laude (1984)
Certified Public Accountant (Minnesota 1980)
Dear Friend, I have a feeling I know why you’re reading this right now. You need more time in your day. Running a business is extremely demanding, and there just isn’t enough time in the day to keep all the plates from spinning out of control. And what you need most right now is more proactive help with your business finances and tax strategy.
As soon as possible. In fact, yesterday would have been ideal. Am I close? We get it. We’ve worked with plenty of businesses who have to cobble together 9 different software programs to keep everything straight, or who just wash their hands of it all and put everything on the credit card … and then try to clean up every year after the fact. And they know that this is no way to properly monitor profit margins, cash controls, account management, tax strategy and all of the myriad components of an effective financial system for a business.
Perhaps this is your story too. Or perhaps you’ve reached a stage of development in your business that you want to pass the baton of accounting to another expert team so your expert team can focus on what they do best: making sales and taking care of customers. Or are you just starting your business and want to start things off on the right foot? Whatever the reason, we want you to know that our team has been diligently and effectively taking care of the accounting needs of countless organizations in a wide variety of industries—discreetly and expertly handling the ongoing financial management of tax burdens, payroll, bookkeeping, and other comprehensive accounting services while providing expertise in business planning, coaching, and strategic consulting that many businesses need. Because here’s a certain truth as it relates to taxes and your business: the State and Federal Government would love to have more of your business’ hard-earned money in their accounts. And yes, even though it’s painful, none of us begrudge paying our legal and fair share of taxes.
But the problem is that regular business owners, like you, are missing out on legal and safe deductions, to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars in unclaimed refunds every year. It doesn’t have to be this way. You don’t have to hand more dollars over to the government than they require, just because you don’t know their rules as well as they do. You don’t have to live in a constant state of anxiety over the state of your books, feeling guilty about the time you should be devoting to keeping your business profitable. In fact, to help you find answers to your questions, I’ve compiled some resources in the last couple of years, for business people like you, in response to the specific tax and accounting questions I’ve received from my clients.
Click the button on this page to request this exclusive, free report from us, and we’ll rush your copy to you immediately. And of course, feel free to poke around our site and discover why I’ve been called “The Most Trusted CPA in the South Minneapolis Area”. Talk again soon,
Derrick Doerr, JD, CPA/PFS, CFP
PS — When you grab our free report, we’ll also add you to our weekly email series on “Real World” Strategy for small business owners. Our readers enthusiastically forward these to their colleagues and peers all the time, because they’re not your standard “tax tips”. PPS — Already want to come in? I don’t blame you … many people are fed up with trying to manage their financials on their own. Our schedule is very full … but if you call us at 952-894-9727 or Email Us, we’ll give you two options for coming in right away. We will NOT make dealing with an accountant as painful as dealing with your books has already been!
There's this idea out there among many wannabe South Minneapolis business owners that they have to come up with the next completely fresh idea in order to have a great business. Shows like Shark Tank (which I love) go towards creating this kind of mindset -- although...
Last week I wrote about working less and testing the 80/20 hypothesis for your South Minneapolis business work cycle. I'd love to know if you had a chance to consider putting this into practice, send us an email using the email icon at the top right-hand corner of our...